Monday, August 04, 2008

Communication Skills Found Wanting

I read my older posts, and now have a glimpse into what people mean when they say they don't understand me. This blogging exercise is useful, if for no other reason than providing me feed-back on my written communication skills (even if it is from me to myself).

I suppose, a journal may have filled the same purpose; but I rarely ever went back and read my old journal entries. I certainly didn't evaluate them for how well they communicated ideas.

I need to relearn English. Can you believe that it has been over 12 years since I took writing instruction?

I don't know grammar, and I rely on my spell-checker for spelling.

I wonder if there is a good cheap course on writing. I may as well get voice-coaching/public-speaking tuition while I'm at it.

No comments: