Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why I am like Captain Ahab

My Current Obsessions
  • Greatness (I know, the arrogance)
    • I want to be an amazing something
      • 1) A great inventor

      • 2) A great scientist/mathematician

      • 3) A brilliant business person come philanthropist

      • 4) World class at something difficult

  • Peace of Mind
    • I want that deep peaceful and powerful concentration I used to have as a kid

    • I want to be able to think deeply about a subject with patience and trust that the process will be fruitful

  • Being Inspired/Motivated
    • I want the sense of wonderment to be powerful enough for me to accomplish things

    • I want the trust that I will have the time and energy to make something constructive from following my curiosity

  • Deep Understanding
    • I want to understand more things that I am involved with from its constructive "first principles"

    • I want to be able to achieve this level of understanding in way that seems more volitional and predictable

No comments: